Late – Afternoon Forest Walks at SGNP.
Date- 05 June 2016
Keeping in mind the early sunrises, hot daytime temperatures and late sunsets, SGNP has initiated guided nature treks starting late in the afternoon and culminating in the evening.
So, join our naturalists on forest treks as the shadows get longer, the air gets cooler and as birds and other animals go into a frenzy of activity before winding up their day schedules and settling for the night. While the diurnal life forms wind them selves up, the nocturnal animals are about to begin their shifts and thats adds to the fun as well.
These walks are designed in such a way that they will culminate on the Kanheri hills and offer the participants panaromic views of the ‘city-forest’ scape. Our naturalists will further enhance your experience with interesting sightings as well as bits and pieces of natural history and nature information. The settings are perfect and we won’t mind if you get your own supply of cool lemonade or hot tea and coffee (in a thermos flask) as your sundowners.
Enjoy good, old fashioned late afternoon nature treks in SGNP every Sunday.
03.00 PM – Assemble at the Nature Information Center, SGNP for registrations.
03.15 PM – Depart to the forest in SGNP vehicle.
03.45 PM – Start trekking at Kanheri foot hills.
07.00 PM – Depart from SGNP in SGNP vehicle.
Charges: INR 350 per participant.
Charges inclusive of: Nature Trail fees, Internal Transport, Naturalist Charges.
Charges don’t include the main gate entry fee to SGNP.
1. Wear proper walking shoes. No sandals or slippers please.
2. Carry ample amount of water for yourself.
3. Cap or a hat is advisable in this season.
4. Refrain carrying costly items (except cameras) and jewellery for the trek.
5. Walking sticks are available on loan at NIC, and are of great help in a forest trek.
6. A dry snack or an energy bar might be a great inclusion in your backpack.